- at a crossroads
- in hobgoblin-quarter, near the harbor
- just beyond the sewer
- The inn is a large, L-shaped wattle building,
with charms and talismans hanging from the ceiling and dwarf-wrought iron furnishings.
- Special accommodations consist of a few hammocks in the common room.
- The inn is well-known for the generous size of its hogsheads.
- The common room is dimly-lit with sparsely placed candles casting flickering shadows across tables and walls.
- There is a fragrance of curry
- Other services include:
- boot polishing
- tack and saddle care
- armor polishing
- Hirelings available:
- Color scheme:
White Slate Gray Tomato
- Innkeeper: Rose
- male dwarf, who is a little corrupt and often bristly, and who seems extremely exasperated
- mushroom and red bean kebabs; horn of spring water
- cured bobcat with unleavened bread; mug of wine
- seasoned baby lima beans served with sour cherry pancakes; horn of hot flat sangiovese
- baked shrimp with grilled kiwifruit; tankard of water
- boar stuffed with artichokes served with greens tossed with fish eggs; cup of water
- You heard about our well. Yeah it’s been dry for years now. We lost a bunch of kids a few years back. Someone said a tentacle reach out and drag them to their death. Ever since no one goes by that damn well.
- Primitive heathens are throwing parties in the woods.
- Elves are lazy do-nothings, keeping dozens of specialized slaves; one’s entire purpose might be to turn a certain doorknob, while another would open the door; still another would remove a guest’s cloak, while a fourth hangs the cloak.
- A chapman has the Green Sinew of Heir hidden in its cellar.
- The cornerstone will be laid tomorrow for the swimming pool
The following people are currently in the common room:
- Monster’s best friend: repulsive to humans but nigh-irresistibly charismatic to unsavory subhuman types, ogres and giants find him especially amusing
- A highly-skilled warrior filled with self-doubt has a mental breakdown every five minutes.
- four patrons discuss which season of the year is best, and each has a different opinion
- hill dwarf boasts about his son beating up the guard captain’s son – then looks about furtively
- a tall gnoll and a dark-haired hill dwarf
- overweight and stuttering blackjack
- small box holding 14 coins: old goblin coin made of gold, worth about 8sp; the face has a proverb: peace, determination, lightning, the obverse shows a spiked chain 
- Luxury: tan shoes made of homespun (worth 600 gp)
- Magic Item: shell trinket with glyphs; power: Twitch