The Velvet Canal Inn
- in a slum district, near the parish of Dionysophanes Kalamanos, Messenger of Wine
- near the shore
- The inn is a large, U-shaped basalt building,
with several leaded glass windows.
- The inn is well-known for the abundance of mariners usually in the common room.
- The place feels friendly, but is filthy.
- Other services include:
- a musician
- Hirelings available:
- Cosmopolitan Cruin: knows one language unknown to adventurers
- Color scheme:
Lavender Rose Lemon Dark Spring Green
- Innkeeper: Shouting
- male mountain dwar, who is somewhat patient and never slovenly, and who seems quite exasperated
- croquettes of flounder with mung beans and lettuces; mug of water; pastries with maple syrup
- sheep stuffed with reindeer; tankard of ginger beer; banana pie
- smoked veal and crayfish served with rigatoni noodles; horn of vodka
- roasted lamb and muskrat with stone-ground mustard sauce; cup of red wine; elderberry tarts
- smoked chicken served with soft seed bread with melted cheese; hogshead of porter
- cannellini beans, sour cherries, and beechnuts fritters with kola nuts sauce; cup of spiced wine; cheese and goji berry blintz
- Mysterious merchants sell faulty magic items in town and then attempt to slink away.
- A plague that keeps the diseased conscious but kills their bodies.
- An innocent but monstrous witch and the merchants who want her property.
The following people are currently in the common room:
- sallow, astonished young staff sergeant
- The mystic, aged fortune teller and soothsayer in the wagon caravan at the edge of town is secretly casting Geas/Quest during her divining, forcing her customers to make the prediction come true.
- The notorious and ‘uncatchable’ thief is truly only stealing money in order to fund charities around the city.
- one patron seeks advice about thatching a roof from another
- a pair of gnolls being obnoxious
- a dripping-wet girdler wearing a frayed and worn uniform
- grotesque organist
- small box holding 30 coins: gnomish coin made of electrum, worth about 9sp; the face has a proverb: always life, the obverse has a proverb: always brilliance
- belt pouch holding 4 tsavorite garnets and 4 flame spinels
- Art: amazonite statue of a funnel-web spider (by Bootstrap António Medeiros)